Fortinet Expands Its High-End Presence with New 6000 Series Enterprise Firewalls Powered by Its Next-Generation FortiASIC Content Processor
Fortinet announced the expansion of its Security Fabric with introduction of the FortiGate 6040E enterprise firewall. First in Fortinet’s new 6000 series of ultra-high throughput enterprise firewalls, the FortiGate 6040E delivers the unprecedented next-generation firewall performance, effortless scale, and superior security so large enterprises don’t have to compromise between security features or network speed disruption.
- Fortinet’s new FortiGate 6040E enterprise next-generation firewall is designed to secure the vast amounts of mobile and cloud traffic for the largest of enterprises.
- Fortinet bolsters its Security Fabric with its new FortiASIC CP9 next-generation Content Processors. CP9 accelerates the inspection of computationally intensive intrusion prevention (IPS) and secure socket layer (SSL) VPN traffic to deliver the level of performance required to deploy security wherever it is needed within the infrastructure.
- New FortiGate 2000E and 2500E enterprise firewalls deliver CP9 ASIC advantages to enterprise edge and internal segments.
Security Solutions Have Become the Gateway to the Cloud
Adoption of cloud services and the ease of remote access to network assets have created a perfect storm for large enterprises, drastically increasing external demands on IT networks and exponentially expanding the attack surface. As a result, the enterprise next-generation firewall has become the de facto gateway to the cloud.
Compounding on these challenges, security leaders must overcome the limitations of the technologies used in most next-generation firewall solutions available today – forcing them to choose between enabling security features or preserving the performance of their networks.
FortiGate 6040E Technical Highlights:
- 320Gbps enterprise firewall throughput.
- 80Gbps throughput with all next-generation firewall features enabled.
- FortiASIC CP9 brings enhanced SSL decryption performance to close gaps in the attack surface.
- Intelligent networking, security, processing, and management capabilities are all efficiently integrated within a small form-factor chassis.
- Six different interface configuration options tailored to match individual customer needs:
|FG-6040E||FW / NGFW
|10GbE Interface||40GbE Interface||100GbE Interface|
|Option 1||320 Gbps / 80 Gbps||64 x 10GbE||–||–|
|Option 2||320 Gbps / 80 Gbps||–||16 x 40GbE||–|
|Option 3||320 Gbps / 80 Gbps||–||–||8 x 100GbE|
|Option 4||320 Gbps / 80 Gbps||32 x 10GbE||8 x 40GbE||–|
|Option 5||320 Gbps / 80 Gbps||32 x 10GbE||–||4 x 100GbE|
|Option 6||320 Gbps / 80 Gbps||–||8 x 40GbE||4 x 100GbE|
The FortiGate 6040E, 2000E, and 2500E will all be available in Q2 2016. Please contact your authorized Fortinet channel partner for pricing and detail