New wireless trends: Mobile broadband technologies are proliferating into every aspect of our society. The complexity of next generation (5G) broadband wireless will create more demands on radio propagation (data) quality. In addition, the dramatic increase expected in the number of IoT devices in the wireless network will increase the need for lab based testing environments that can duplicate communication issues found in the field. Channel emulators, and controlled RF environments in general, are indispensable in lab based testing to ensure expected data quality under any radio propagation environment.
Anritsu latest wireless Test & Measurement Solution
Operators in Europe, North America, and Far East Asia have taken the lead in rolling-out LTE mobile services, and terminal certification in Europe and N. America is handled by GCF and PTCRB, respectively. To support terminal certification, Anritsu already markets the LTE-Advanced RF Conformance Test System ME7873LA for RF tests, and the LTE-Advanced Mobile Terminal Test Platform ME7834LA for protocol tests. Since both these systems are focused on early support for conformance tests for advanced technologies such as LTE-A now being deployed in more advanced economies, they combine a mix of expensive hardware and software that may not meet some customers’ needs. Additionally, since some NIEs with smaller-scale markets are starting LTE deployments, there is increasing need for a cost-effective test system supporting basic test functions rather than expensive advanced functions.
The ME7800L is a cost-effective test system focused on basic RF and protocol conformance tests in one platform. Like its predecessor ME7873LA and ME7834LA units, as well as offering GCF/PTCRB-approved test cases, it also inherits their excellent operability, reliability and stability. It is the ideal platform for starting development and testing of LTE mobiles as well as for strengthening test resources.
- Cost-effective LTE RF and protocol conformance testing: It incorporates all the hardware and software for LTE basic function tests in one convenient package, lowering the barrier to introducing conformance testing. Both RF and protocol conformance tests can be run simultaneously while the RF conformance tests support TRx, performance, and RRM tests.
- GCF/PTCRB-approved conformance test system following 3GPP standards: Like the ME7873LA and ME7834LA, the ME7800L is a GCF/PTCRB-approved test system and all its supported test cases are approved by GCF/PTCRB. Both the RF and protocol tests follow the 3GPP standards.
Target Markets and Applications
- Target Markets: LTE-chipset, module, mobile-terminal, and smartphone manufacturers; communications operators; test houses.
- Applications: Development and QA of chipsets, modules, mobile terminals, and smartphones.
Anritsu introduced Low-Cost High-Performance Signal Analyzer MS2850A for 5G and Wideband Signal Measurement:
The Signal Analyzer MS2850A supports Tx performance evaluations at wireless equipment development and manufacturing; the 32 GHz and 44.5 GHz measurement frequency models have an analysis bandwidth of 255 MHz as standard, which can be extended as an option up to 1 GHz. Noise Figure (NF) and Phase Noise measurement functions required for basic evaluations of wireless communications equipment can be installed in both models.
Installing the 5G measurement software packages in the MS2850A supports measurement of 5G uplink and downlink signal frequency error, power, EVM, etc., using CP-OFDM modulation. Additionally, downlink measurements evaluate multi-carriers all at once.
Not only does the MS2850A support all previous cellular technologies such as, LTE, W-CDMA, TD-SCDMA, and GSM, it also offers futureproof support for the new 5G standards now under discussion by 3GPP.
- Signal Analyzer MS2850A: Excellent Dynamic Range and Flatness Performance for Wideband Signal Analysis. The MS2850A hardware has both excellent dynamic range and flatness performance, which are critical for evaluating wideband wireless signals accurately and improving the quality of wireless communications equipment.
Anritsu introduced MT8862A Wireless Connectivity Test Set:
MT8862A Wireless Connectivity Test Set is for measuring the RF TRx characteristics of WLAN IEEE802.11a/b/g/n/ac equipment. It will accelerate IoT testing.
The Wireless Connectivity Test Set MT8862A is ideal for measuring the RF TRx characteristics at design and quality assurance of WLAN devices. It has built-in WLAN protocol messaging as standard for Network Mode for measurement by connection with the DUT. The MT8862A is easy to operate using a web browser from a control PC connected by Ethernet which simplifies measurement setup and eliminates configuration work. In addition, remote control is also supported when the MT8862A and PC controller are inside the same network.
- Target Markets: Vendors of WLAN devices for smartphones, smart home electronics, automotive, gateways, etc.
- Target Applications: RF performance tests of WLAN devices
For wireless field & lab testing Anritsu introduced Ultraportable Spectrum Analyzer model MS2760A up to 110 GHz.
By utilizing Anritsu’s patented Shock Line non-linear transmission line (NLTL) technology, the MS2760A shatters the cost, size, and performance barriers associated with traditional large form factor instruments to more efficiently advance technology development. It is truly pocket-sized, but big on performance with industry leading dynamic range, sweep speed, and amplitude accuracy. It’s ultraportable size enables direct connect to almost any DUT, eliminating the need for flossy, expensive cables or antennas. The MS2760A is the world’s first handheld millimeter-wave spectrum analyzer to provide continuous coverage from 9 kHz up to 110 GHz, positioning it perfectly for growing millimeter-wave applications like 5G, 802.11ad, satellite communications, automotive radar, and more. The MS2760A is USB-powered and controlled from a Windows-based PC, laptop, or tablet, making it uniquely flexible for use in the lab, on the manufacturing floor, or in the field.