Since 1950, Nichicon has constantly been involved in the development, production and sales of capacitors and circuit products that are essential for many
types of electric and electronic equipment. Nichicon with core business of capacitors has expanded its reach to many sectors with The Automotive, Power supply and lightning, Information and Communications and Industrial equipment. Nichicon pursuing the
NECST (Nichicon Energy Control System Technology) and capacitor businesses in parallel as aim to further accelerate growth.
Latest Technology trends in NECST business
Nichicon provides products to EV-related markets from both Capacitor and NECST business. Nichicon environmental advanced technologies changing the future of lives and the environment.
EV and Energy solutions
- EV Power Station: From Vehicle to Home (V2H) and Vehicle to grid (V2G): The battery of electronic vehicle can store energy and feed this energy back to home by V2H and V2G system where EV is connected to electricity and can interact between vehicle and electricity.
Electric Power flow and data transmission
- Charging and Discharging to EV: The battery system in the unit can be charged from multiple sources (off-grid, solar panel and renewable sources). It is also possible to transfer energy back to grid.
- Utilizing Smart grid by controlling power in home: Electric power companies utilizes the batteries of several electric vehicles as a swarm for grid stabilization.
Some tentative projects include:
- Grid interconnected V2H (EV Power Station)
- Compact, high efficiency and low power consumption.
- Separate chassis configuration.
- Energy from solar panel, grid panel and local batteries are utilized
- HEMS correspond
V2H system with local battery
- Smartly charge electric vehicle with midnight power. Power that the family may need is stored efficiently by system.
Latest Technology trends in Capacitor business
Expands Ratings for UCV Series of Chip-Type Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors: Nichicon expanded its ratings for the UCV series of high-capacitance, low-impedance chip-type aluminum electrolytic capacitors, which are the most compact. This series is guaranteed for 2,000 hours at 105°C, in response to ongoing demand for equipment that is more compact and offers higher capacitance in the both automotive on-board modules and home electronics.
GYB Series of Conductive Polymer Hybrid Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors
The GYB series of conductive polymer hybrid aluminum electrolytic capacitors, which are guaranteed for 10,000 hours at 105°C. This new series is a high temperature, long life and high ripple current product, which was developed in response to demands for higher-performance aluminum electrolytic capacitors. This new series is ideal for use in consumer electronics and industrial machinery applications.
Next Generation Technology
Wireless Electric Vehicle Charging System Licensing Agreement with Qualcomm Incorporated
Nichicon has entered into a Wireless Electric Vehicle Charging (WEVC) license agreement with Qualcomm Incorporated to develop an automatic power supply system that is not possible with standard gas powered vehicles; this will make it more convenient for EV/PHV customers to recharge.
Utilizing Nichicon’s onboard charger technology, quick charger infrastructure and Qualcomm’s Halo1 wireless charging and communication technology we will be able develop a commercialized wireless charging system.
This agreement aims to expand not only wireless charging systems for individual users, but also wireless charging for public charging facilities. It will improve convenience for EV/PHV users and contribute to promoting the development of EV/PHV.