Implementing Internet of Things (IoT) projects can seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. Beginning this month, a new series of IoT Readiness Workshops from Avnet, a leading global technology solutions provider, will prepare digital transformation teams to effectively deploy IoT projects in their organizations.
Each two-day IoT Readiness Workshop offers presentations, discussions and exercises to help attendees gain a deeper understanding of IoT from both a business and technical readiness perspective, and will also share best practices for integrating IoT into their digital transformation strategy. In every workshop, the agenda will focus on how to:
- Develop the appropriate business case to initiate your digital transformation.
- Develop a thorough assessment of the organization’s IoT readiness, and a plan for augmenting the current path to meet targets and goals.
- Gain stakeholder buy-in. This includes bridging the organizational IT / OT divide, achieving C-level support, and identifying and engaging the right team members for a successful IoT implementation.
- Learn ways to simplify IoT deployment.
- Avoid ‘proof of concept purgatory’ that can stall the path to IoT implementation. By effectively laying out the value and impact to the organization, the project is more likely to accelerate time to market.
“With the evolving technology landscape and cross-functional implementation, deploying IoT is often more complex than traditional design projects,” said Lou Lutostanski, Vice President, Internet of Things, Avnet. “Organizational alignment and a strong business case are essential for a successful IoT implementation and to achieve the best business outcome. Through our IoT Readiness Workshops, we’ll provide those who are leading their digital transformation or IoT initiatives with the tools, training and guidance to navigate the IoT journey and effectively reap the rewards of IoT.”
Avnet’s IoT Readiness Workshops will be held in the following locations on these dates/times:
- Dallas, Texas: November 14-15, 2018
- Charlotte, N.C.: January 16-17, 2019
- Irvine, Calif.: February 12-13, 2019
- Phoenix, Ariz.: March 20-21, 2019
- Philadelphia, Pa.: April 10-11, 2019
- Chicago, Ill.: May 8-9, 2019
- Denver, Colo.: June 19-20, 2019
- Minneapolis, Minn.: July 23-24, 2019
- Boston, Mass.: August 13-14, 2019