Nordson EFD, a Nordson company introduces Film-Pak sustainable film-based dual cartridges for two-component (2K) packaging and dispensing applications.
The new collapsible film-based technology reduces packaging waste volume by more than 85%. As industrial fluids in Film-Pak cartridges are dispensed, the film packaging compresses into a uniquely-designed lid that then becomes waste. When conventional, rigid Side x Side dual cartridges are emptied, the entire cartridge becomes waste. Essentially, seven compressed 1:1 ratio 600mL (300 x 300mL) Film-Pak cartridge lids replace one standard 1:1 ratio 600mL (300 x 300mL) rigid cartridge in landfills.
“Fluid manufacturers and end users will benefit from the significant reduction in packaging waste, which leads to lower disposal costs,” said Peter Kuzyk, Business Manager of Fluid Formulators and Packagers at Nordson EFD. “Perhaps more importantly, Film-Pak represents the future of sustainable fluid packaging in that it contributes to a lower carbon footprint, which supports corporate sustainability initiatives.”
In addition, Film-Pak is compatible with a wide range of standard two-component dispense guns and spray systems when using a reusable rigid retainer with integrated plungers. Specialized dispense guns designed with built-in Film-Pak retainers are also available. Film-Pak is also compatible with a wide range of static mixers including both spiral and square designs such as the innovative disposable square OptiMixer.
Other benefits of Film-Pak include:
• Reduced waste without sacrificing shelf-life stability, ratio control, or mix performance
• Resealable outlets for material to be stored and used later if not completely dispensed
• Innovative leak-proof bonding of film layers to the lid
• Encapsulating inner film layers to prevent chemical degradation
• Fast, easy filling with two fill options — either through the nozzle outlet or unique lid ports
• Inert film for streamlined fluid packaging inventory