Leti, a research institute of CEA Tech, will demonstrate the world’s first low-power, low-cost 3D anti-crash, fusion-sensor solution for drones at CES 2018 in Las Vegas.
Leti’s 360Fusion software, in combination with miniaturized sensors, collects, analyzes and transforms millions of incoming 3D distance data items into relevant, actionable information.
This technology provides consumers and innovative companies with a reliable and affordable integrated anti-crash system. It also ensures safe navigation and enables prompt action in civil-security applications and ensures both fast response and maximum performance for drones in defense uses.
“360Fusion is a flexible solution that is compatible with all types of sensors and that can leverage data from the best of them,” said Marie-Sophie Masselot, Leti industrial partnership manager. “Fitted on a low-cost microcontroller, this technology can be embedded in drones to detect any dynamic obstacle and guide the drone away from a collision.”
Features of 360Fusion include:
- The first obstacle-avoidance algorithm in a dynamic environment based on cutting-edge, laser sensor technology
- Ultra-compact and miniaturized design that fits into a tiny, mass-market microcontroller
- 10x cheaper than comparable systems
- A highly integrated perception system that weighs less than 40 grams
- Seamless integration in existing drone technologies
In its continuing work on the prototype, Leti will equip a fleet of drones with this technology to show they detect and avoid nearby drones, fit miniaturized radar sensors on the fleet, enable detours to safe routes when obstacles are detected and enable autonomous flight.
For more information, visit leti.com