Analog Devices, Inc. on November 17, 2017, introduced a precision integrated analog front end, controller, and pulse-width modulator(PWM) for battery testing and formation capable of increasing system accuracy and efficiency in lithium-ion battery formation and grading.
Compared to conventional technology, the new AD8452 provides 50% more channels in the same amount of space, adding capacity and increasing battery production throughput. The AD8452 uses switching technology that recycles the energy from the battery while discharging and delivers 10 times more accuracy than conventional switching solutions. The higher accuracy allows for more uniform cells within battery packs and contributes to longer living batteries in applications such as electric vehicles.
It also enhances the safety of manufacturing processes by providing better detection and monitoring to help prevent over and undercharging which can lead to battery failures. The AD8452 delivers bill of material (BoM) cost savings of up to 50% for charging/discharging boards and potential system cost savings of approximately 20%. System simulating demonstration boards will be available and can enable lower R&D engineering cost and shorter time to market for test equipment manufacturers.
- View the AD8452 product page, download data sheet, order samples and evaluation boards: http://www.analog.com/AD8452
- Learn more about Analog Devices’ industrial battery manufacturing products: http://www.analog.com/en/products/application-specific/industrial/industrial-battery-manufacturing.html
- Enables energy recycling battery formation/grading for systems of 20Ah or less with up to 95% power efficiency
- Industry-leading precise measurement of current and voltage better than 0.02% over 10⁰C temperature change
- Solution size 70% smaller than previous product generation
Pricing and Availability
|Product||Full Production||Price Each Per 1,000||Packaging|
48 Lead LQFP