- Reflecting industry growth, LED Expo opened doors with higher number of exhibitors than last year
- Over 275 companies from 11 countries partake and 15 products launched at the fair
Supporting the next phase of LED implementation in India, LED Expo – the nation’s foremost exhibition on LED lighting products and technologies closed its doors in the capital last week. Held from 2 – 4 December in the nation’s capital, Over 275 companies from India and 10 countries are showcasing the latest high-quality and price competitive solutions for the Indian market that can be used in the government’s energy-efficient programmes and high-consumption commercial and industrial sectors.
The three-day exhibition organised by Messe Frankfurt Trade Fairs India brought together companies from India, China, Finland, HongKong, Italy, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, the UK and the USA. The entire fraternity gathered to witness what was one of the biggest LED technology fairs in the country. Prominent industry players and association leaders who were present at the inauguration including:
- Dr. A.K. Tripathy, Economic Advisor, Ministry of New & Renewable Energy
- Dr. Sandeep Garg, Chief General Manager, Solar, PEC Limited – a Govt. of India enterprise – (Ministry of Commerce and Industry)
- Shri. Pradeep Mittal, Secretary General, Indian Building Congress
- Mr. Bob Anderson, CEO, Fulham
- Mr. Vikas Bali, Sales Director-South Asia, Osram
- Mr. Raj Gaurav Batra, Director, Rabyte Electronics Pvt. Ltd
- Mr. Raj Manek, Managing Director, Messe Frankfurt Trade Fairs India Pvt. Ltd
Speaking at the inauguration, Dr. Tripathy said: “The incandecant and CFL era has ended and there is a wave of innovation LEDs are bringing in the industry. The energy efficiency benefits are tremendous but the combination of LED and solar will be more beneficial for public and private sector projects and as part of the off-grid solar programme, we are working on making LED mandatory in solar lighting. LED Expo is a great platform to see innovations, understand developments and integrate LED with Solar. ”
Mr Raj Manek said: “LED Expo celebrates its 15th edition today and the platform is getting bigger, better and more empowering each year with the continued support of the industry and Indian ministries. I am happy to announce that the exhibition has grown once again – both in terms of size and number of exhibitors. Today and over the next two days, you will witness numerous product launches and new introductions by 270 exhibitors from 11 countries giving both tehnology perspecive and industry perspective.”
Today, 12% of all LED lighting systems sold in the world is consumed in India. While government programmes continue to drive down prices, regulatory bodies are also laying down improved product sepcifications for products. Mega innovations with such advanced specifications are being showcased at the three day fair with over 15 product launches today, some of which include:
- The Plus range which gives an advantage to choose from three light options from one luminary and the ‘Senso’ range that can be configured and controlled via Bluetooth and Wifi using the mobile app by EcoEarth Electric Pvt Ltd
- VOS technologies, under its trademark ‘Ledlux’ who will be unveiling an AntiGlare Shield COB Spot Light
- HSL Solar Home Lighting System which is the only Home Lighting system which achieves up-to 100watt power generation and can be directly charged with sunlight using solar panels with MPPT charge controller
- HOLOBOX – Interactive 3D Displays by Oorja Interactive which allows you to experience interactive 3D in real-time
- LED lighting products with upto 80 per cent power savings by SEVENON LED which the company claims to be today’s most energy efficient form of lighting available in the market.
- S40 – street light by Crescent which the company claims to be of very high quality in performance and economical enough to compete with any equivalent imported range
- First integrated LED driver with wireless, cloud-based IoT management and controls by developed by Fulham and Tvilight
- The new Osram LEDs for Solid State Lighting and Automotive segment by Rabyte Electronics Pvt Ltd
India is headed for top slot in global LED light market and moving ahead with the sector, the LED Summit on day two will target subjects of business importance such as the emerging use of organic LED, high luminous LEDs, automotive lighting, energy efficiency initiatives, growth opportunity for LED Lighting Module and inhibitors to the growth of LED Manufacturing base in India. The summit will take place on 3 December alongside the fair and see high-profile speakers presenting these developments in the industry.
The trade fair is being supported by various ministries and associations including Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology; Ministry of New & Renewable Energy, Rural Electrification Corporation Ltd, Indian Building Congress, BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd; Electronic Industries Association of India; SESI – Solar Energy Society of India.
The next edition will take place in Mumbai from 11 – 13 May 2016.
For more information about the event, please visit www.theledexpo.com
For more information on Light + Building shows worldwide, please visit www.light-building.com/brand