HID Global, a worldwide leader in secure identity solutions, has announced the availability of its latest Direct-to-Card (DTC) FARGO DTC5500LMX ID Card Printer/Encoder designed to meet the high-volume, card issuance demands of large government agencies, universities, healthcare facilities and other large enterprises. The company also announced its new FARGO HDP5600 ID Card Printer/Encoder that builds upon its award-winning high definition printing (HDP) solutions for retail stores, recreation facilities, governments and other organisations focused on brand image and/or visual security.
HID Global’s eco-friendly DTC5500LMX ID card personalisation solution includes the company’s “wasteless” lamination technology that significantly lowers card issuance costs. The new feature enables cost-conscious organisations to routinely issue secure, durable cards in high volumes without sacrificing quality.
“Customers can now leverage a secure and flexible issuance system that is cost-effective, maximizes card productivity and prints with greater image quality for an enhanced user experience,” said Weijin Lee, Regional Director, Secure Issuance, APAC with HID Global.
“Designed to meet the needs of budget-conscious organisations, the DTC5500LMX provides a 60 percent energy savings, while the HDP5600 delivers superior text and image quality with the added flexibility to upgrade as customer needs change due to its modular design.”
DTC5500LMX Best-of-Class Features:
- Innovative wasteless lamination technology completely eliminates traditional carrier-film waste, offering a 40 percent savings in consumables costs.
- World’s first Green Circle certified wasteless lamination printer with 60 percent savings in energy consumption.
- New iON technology allows printer / laminator to heat up and initiate lamination in just 45 seconds, saving users up to 80 percent of the time typically needed to print the first card.
- Rugged, durable and robust construction that withstands the harshest environments, providing the highest card protection and warranty in the industry.
- See more details in the new Model of Efficiencyinfographic.