India’s most prominent trade fair that leads the way in setting new trends for innovative LED and lighting technologies, LED Expo 2018 was inaugurated today at Greater Noida. The 19th edition of LED Expo 2018 is focusing mainly on energy efficient, smart lighting solutions and gears that are changing the face of Indian lighting industry. Supported by leading lighting associations and government bodies, the inauguration showcased a clear picture of major developments taking place in the LED lighting sector.
341 companies are showcasing their latest solutions in the LED lighting sector as the 19th edition of LED Expo 2018 New Delhi was inaugurated today by Shri Venkatesh Dwivedi, General Manager, EESL, Ministry of Power. Talking about the current developments and progress in this industry Mr Dwivedi shared: “LED Expo serves as great platform for all the companies who are interested in lighting opportunities in the domestic and international market to congregate and work together. Under UJALA more than 31core LED bulbs have been distributed to the consumers in India and by June 2019 we expect almost 14 million street lights in the urban-local bodies across the country to be replaced by efficient LED lights. We see a potential for another two crore street lights in the country which will mainly target rural segment, national highway, court authorities, railways and the army segment of the business.”
Continuing with the progressive plans and steps taken for a smart nation he also announced, “Next step would be the intelligent lighting systems which will help us deliver 5-10% energy efficiency from these LED street lights. The government plans to roll out smart meters across the country. A procurement of 1 crore smart meters has already been done with the implementation of this in 4 states. Being a part of the smart city concept, smart meters and smart lights are complimentary to each other helping us deliver various other services.”
Talking about the latest trends in the LED market and the way LED Expo is adapting to it, Mr Raj Manek, Director and Board Member, Messe Frankfurt Asia Holding Ltd. shared: “The LED revolution in India has now entered its next stage with smart lighting technologies. Over the years, this breakthrough innovation has gained massive popularity with the rising demands for convenience, cost efficiency and smart technologies. Absorbing the latest trends in the market, LED Expo 2018 New Delhi is showcasing a gamut of energy efficient and IoT infused lights that will cater to various needs from different sectors of the market. We are assertive that this edition of the leading show for LED lights and solutions will boost new business relations between manufacturers and sector buyers.”
The latest edition located at India Exposition Mart, Greater Noida is showcasing lighting solutions from countries like India, China, Finland, Japan, Hong Kong, Italy, Korea and Taiwan. Brands like Juki India Pvt Ltd, Key Operations & Electrocomponents Pvt Ltd, Lumisense Optoelectronics Pvt Ltd, Power Integrations India Pvt Ltd, Rabyte Electronics, S R Electro, Semiconic Devices Pvt Ltd, Semitech Opto Solutions Pvt Ltd, Swingtel Communications Pvt Ltd, Tektronics, V-Tac India, Fulham India and Ltech (Intelligent Lighting Controls) have brightened the aisles with their lighting technologies on display. The show also touches the aesthetic part of lighting with companies like Jainsons and Tucana Lights displaying aesthetically designed decorative lights.
Some of the products and technologies displayed at the show include:
- Launch of HotSpot EZ Exit, linear LED strips that can provide 90 minutes of reliable, hassle-free lighting during power outage by Fulham
- App based lighting, home automation solutions using Wifi and Zigbee protocols that will help upgrade to smart home by Ltech. The company also manufactures a range of protocols like dali, triac and DMX
- LED Street Lights that save up to 70% of electricity, with uniform light distribution, no flickering and up to 85% energy efficient by Ptronics. It will also display the ‘All in one solar street light’ that is wireless, has a long battery life, PIR motion sensor and zero running and maintenance cost
- Powerful, reliable and energy efficient LED battens that are built with poly carbonate providing quality and economic value by Lumisense
- High quality LED Strips available in all colours and designs that are made in India by Jaisonsons Lights
- Tucana baylights, linear beamsteam, HT-135 (Heat pipe based highbay), pendent lights, ball and socket light, lunar, jellydome, parabola and curvy that are rugged, long-lasting and made in India with 100% original design for industrial and architectural applications by Tucana Lights
Day two of the trade fair will host the LED summit that will focus on ‘Creating Solutions for Future Smart Lighting’. Eminent speakers from associations and companies will highlight topics like safer cities, lighting for transport and infrastructure, lighting for workplace and productivity. It will also give insights on how to thrive in a disrupted market, technology review to make the right choices, policy/standardisation and certification, helping lighting companies and stakeholders to make the right decisions.