Lifestyle brand SKAGEN is expanding its smartwatch portfolio with the launch of its first-ever touchscreen smartwatch – ‘Falster’. Powered by Android Wear 2.0 and the Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 platform the collection was launched globally in January 2018. Like the rest of the wearable collection from the brand, Falster is a perfect blend of form and function—modern, minimalist design with added technology that simplifies rather than complicates, and connects rather than distracts.
To start with the brand will be launching two styles in March – SKT5000 and SKT5001. With the same thoughtful approach to style and function in both technology forward and traditional designs, SKAGEN continues to innovate the more wearable wearable.
As a brand rooted in Danish design principles, SKAGEN blends simple, timeless design with modern innovation. The Falster features a full-round touchscreen that allows for expanded capabilities while maintaining an understated design and intuitive, easy-to-navigate interface. Falster offers an edited take on useful functionality and simpler, cleaner interfaces. The dials seek to be simple and visually balanced, showing information in an edited and informative way, without adding unnecessary clutter. True to the spirit of hygge, a Danish concept of comfort and connection, the Falster keeps users connected to loved ones and encourages them to feel more mindful while interacting with technology.
”One of our goals with SKAGEN’s smartwatches is to make technology feel more familiar and approachable. We do this by simplifying and editing our products, but also by humanizing the experience of using them: the dial layouts and the movements are designed for calm and pleasant interaction. We’ve even added personal touches like our ‘mascot’ Dan, who serves as a friendly guide, celebrates your personal goals, and helps bring a daily smile to your face,’’ says Frederik Thrane, Creative Director of SKAGEN. ‘’We want to take the best of what technology has to offer and create a timepiece that lives up to our belief in good design for better living. We’ve strived to create unique dials only possible in digital, proving it’s not just what’s inside the watch that counts but rather how you choose to use it.’’
It boasts a range of smart features, including:
- Function-Based Dials, so you can access your favorite features quickly
- Battery-Efficient Design, featuring simple dials that maximize your wear
- Automatic accuracy, so you never have to set your watch
- Smartwatch notifications, so you can effortlessly view incoming calls, texts, and emails from your wrist
- Activity Tracking
- Customizable Watch Faces, allowing users to personalize their dial’s mode, color, and apps
- Touchscreen Functionality
- Voice Commands, powered by the Google Assistant
- Music Control, through third-party apps like Google Play
- Interchangeable Straps
- Compatible with iOS 9.0+/Phone 5+ and Android Devices 4.4+
- Connects via Bluetooth Technology
- Wireless Syncing
- Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 platform