Maxim Integrated’s transceivers provide ease of design and robust communication.
New Delhi, India—March1, 2016—Designers can achieve ease of design, high efficiency, and robust communicationfor industrial automation applicationswith the MAX14853/MAX14855and MAX14943/MAX14949family of highly integrated RS-485 transceivers from Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM).
Designers of industrial automation equipment require solutions that provide flexibility and high efficiency. Thehigh integration of the RS-485family of transceivers with integrated transformer drivers and low drop out(LDO) regulatorsimplifies power and data isolated designs. The MAX14943 isolated RS-485/PROFIBUS DP transceiver, as well as the MAX14949 transceiver, eachprovide up to 80% efficiency at 150mA load. Available in full or halfduplex isolated RS-485 transceivers,the familysupportsup to 5kVrms and allows for robust communication up to 25Mbps. The transceivers are ideal for industrial automation, programmable logic controllers (PLC), HVAC, and power meter applications.
- Ease of design: Simplifies design and provides flexibility through integration; transceivers include a transformer driver andan LDO
- Robust communication: 2.75kVrmsand 5kVrmsisolation options protect against large differences in ground potential between ports; Robust ±35kV (HBM ESD) on driver outputs/receiver inputs
- High efficiency: Integrated transformer driver provides up to 80%efficiency at 150mA load
- “Our high ESD transceivers, coupled with Maxim’s robustdigital isolation technology, provide the industry’s most robust isolated RS-485 solution on the market,” said Timothy Leung, Senior Business Manager at Maxim Integrated. “We integrated an LDO to regulate the isolated power and provide designers with a smaller solution andlower system cost.”
- “High efficiency and robust communication are essential when designing industrial automation equipment,” said Susie Inouye, Research Director at Databeans. “Maxim’s family of transceivers provides an ideal solution for designers who want to achieve this.”
To view the family of products, visit http://bit.ly/RS-422_485_LineDrivers_Receivers.
Availability and Pricing
- Available in a 16 pinW-SOIC package (11mm x 11mm).
- Specified over the -40-degree Celsius to +105-degree Celsius temperature range.
- The MAX148X2 evaluation kit (MAX14853 and MAX14855) is available: http://bit.ly/MAX148X2_EV_KIT
- The MAX149X2 evaluation kit (MAX14943 and MAX14949)is available: http://bit.ly/MAX149X2_EV_KIT
- Pricing available upon request.
- More information about MAX14853:http://bit.ly/MAX14853
- More information about MAX14855:http://bit.ly/MAX14855
- More information about MAX14943:http://bit.ly/MAX14943
- More information about MAX14949:http://bit.ly/MAX14949
- Evaluation kit image of Maxim’s isolated RS-485 transceiver: http://bit.ly/Maxim_RS485Transceivers_EVKit_Image