By interleaving Renesas’ low power, high sample rate ADCs, it is possible to achieve a combination of ultra-high sample rate and very high dynamic range that is not available in today’s stand-alone ADCs.
This reference design demonstrates the performance attainable by combining Renesas’ ADC technology and SP Devices interleaving algorithms. In this design, 4 ISLA112P50 12-bit, 500 MSPS analog-to-digital converters are interleaved to sample at a rate of 2.0 GSPS. At this sampling rate, the reference design provides over 6dB more SNR and 13dB better SFDR than the best alternative stand-alone ADC.
- Collaboration of Renesas and SP Devices
- Demonstrates 4-way Interleaving of Renesas 500MSPS ISLA112P50s
- Sample Rate: 2.0 GSPS
- Resolution: 12 Bits
- Interleave Correction Details
- SP Devices’s ADX4 provides real-time, digital, FPGA based digital interleave correction of four ISLA112P50s Performance
- SNR = 65.5 dBfs @ Fin = 190MHz, a 6dB improvement over current best standalone 2GSPS ADCs
- SFDR = 82 dBc @ Fin = 190MHz, a 13dB SFDR improvement over current best standalone 2GSPS ADCS
- Radar and Electronic/Signal Intelligence
- Broadband Communications
- High-Performance Data Acquisition