HID Global, a worldwide leader in secure identity solutions, 0n September 13, 2016, announced new solutions that secure Internet of Things (IoT) applications to improve the convenience and effectiveness of monitoring heating and cooling systems, along with a variety of manufacturing and safety equipment. The company’s latest HID Trusted Tag Services® solution for Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) joins HID Global’s trusted identity solutions that solve key challenges faced by facility managers in an IoT and smart building ecosystem. The new solution provides secure “proof of presence” of maintenance and Inspection teams to automate and drastically simplify service order management.
The HID Trusted Tag Services solution seamlessly integrates with CMMS systems to link physical assets to cloud-based maintenance systems and IoT applications. This automates service calls, with a simple tap of a mobile device, to streamline monitoring and maintenance of fire safety, back-office systems and cafeteria equipment. The offering enables field service teams to easily acquire service history and repair manuals, as well as open service tickets and confirm service call times, duration and status. All service events can be monitored and tracked locally, regionally or globally using a mobile device. The solution can also be used to more effectively manage compliance and inspection workflows for regulated equipment. “HID Global is known for leveraging the power of mobile to protect people, assets and data, and we continue to drive innovation with new HID Trusted Tag Services use cases that meet the expanding requirements of today’s facility manager,” said Mark Robinton, Director of Business Development and Strategic Innovation. “HID Trusted Tag Services is the missing link to take a CMMS to the next level for secure, intuitive and mobile management of high-value facilities equipment and assets across an organization. Optimizing facility operations is now an imperative, and HID Global is ahead of the demand curve with offerings that help make buildings smarter.”
“Our mission is to transform how facilities management professionals and commercial contractor partners collaborate on cloud-based service automation for fire safety and other equipment, without a swamp of paper, processes or protocols,” said Steven Gottfried, Founder of ServiceChannel, an HID Global partner. “HID Global shares our vision and its HID Trusted Tag Services for CMMS will enable us to offer and deliver services that are seamless, easier to manage and empower a more responsive, productive mobile workforce.”
The HID Trusted Tag Services solution for CMMS extends HID Global’s broad set of complementary solutions that secure IoT applications and facilitate smart building environments:
- Automate maintenance and inspection processes: For facilities equipment, heating and cooling, sprinklers, fire extinguishers, data centers, IT equipment, video surveillance systems and other building systems with HID Trusted Tag Services for CMMS.
- Proving presence at security guard tours: HID Trusted Tag Services securely automates guard patrol rounds with a tap of their mobile phone to trusted tags placed at security checkpoints to log their tour. Key management, security patrol and contractor services can be managed via a single interface to deliver more accurate and actionable information in real time.
- Using smartphones to access open doors, gates, and smart building services: HID Mobile Access® is transforming the facility manager and tenant experience by enabling users to open doors with smartphones and activate HVAC, lighting and other building systems.
- Providing convenient and secure access to data, and cloud-based applications: Building occupants can use ActivID® Tap Authentication for Microsoft to authenticate to applications and services by simply tapping mobile devices with the same smart cards that are used to open doors.
- Integrating seamlessly with other secure services in the smart building: HID Global embedded solutions extend the use of trusted identities to automate and increase security for including time and attendance, secure print management, elevator access, cashless vending, and other common building occupant applications.
HID Global’s smart building offering is part of the company’s mobility initiative spanning solutions, investments and strategic alliances aimed at creating a more convenient, trusted and secure experience in today’s increasingly connected, mobile-first world. The solutions are powered by the company’s Seos® credential technology, which makes it possible to carry trusted IDs in mobile devices and empower users with new applications and capabilities.