Designers of Bluetooth headphones, activity monitors, smart garments, smartwatches, and other size-constrained devices can now increase battery life and efficiency using the MAX77650 / MAX77651 power management ICs (PMICs) from Maxim Integrated Products.
Size is critical for hearables and wearables as they continue moving to smaller form factors. Most PMICs for these small, lithium-ion battery-operated devices require additional components, such as boost, buck, and low dropout (LDO) regulators; a charger; and current regulators for LED indicators. For space-savings and efficiency, Maxim has integrated all these functions into a complete power solution that is only 19.2mm-squared—less than 1/2 the size of existing component combinations.
The MAX77650 and MAX77651 feature single inductor multiple output (SIMO) buck-boost regulators that provide three independently programmable power rails from a single inductor, 150mA LDO, and three current sink drivers to reduce overall component count and maximize available board space. For design flexibility, the MAX77650 operates up to 3.3V and the MAX77651 operates up to 5V—both include an analog multiplexer (MUX) output for safe battery monitoring, making them ideal for low-power designs.
- Lowest Standby Power: 0.3µA; 5.6µA operating current
- High Efficiency: 3-output SIMO channels plus LDO extend Li+ battery life
- Smallest Solution Size: Multi-channel SIMO regulator reduces component count
Availability and Pricing
- MAX77650 / MAX77651 are available from stock and priced at $1.99 (1,000-up, FOB USA)
- MAX77650EVKIT# and MAX77651EVKIT# are available from stock and priced at $193.63 each
For more visit: http://www.maximintegrated.com.