Rajesh Maurya, Regional Vice President, India & SAARC, Fortinet – “Third-party testing and validation from organizations like NSS Labs helps customers choose the best security solution that offers effectiveness, performance and optimal total cost of ownership. Underscoring our commitment to providing customers with superior technology and performance, Fortinet transparently publishes SSL inspection performance numbers proving that Fortinet delivers a compelling SSL-ready cloud access next-generation firewall for successful cloud adoption and SD-WAN deployments. Customers can feel confident in choosing our solutions because they have objectively received some of the highest marks in the industry.”
Fortinet, a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, announced its results from NSS Labs’ annual Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) Group Test. In this year’s test, Fortinet’s FortiGate 500E Next Generation Firewall, achieved 99.31 percent overall security effectiveness and low total cost of ownership. NSS Labs continues to evolve the NGFW test methodology to meet the most demanding customer requirements. This is the fifth consecutive year Fortinet received a “Recommended” rating, proving FortiGate has the right combination of security, performance and value to handle today’s most demanding workloads.
- High SSL Inspection Performance: Fortinet’s FortiGate Next-Generation Firewall delivered high SSL inspection performance with minimal performance degradation and showed efficacy across all 32 cipher suites and emergent ciphers tested by NSS Labs. Combined, Fortinet delivers a highly effective SSL-ready cloud access NGFW, and we stand by our solutions by transparently publishing SSL inspection performance numbers.
- Unparalleled Protection Against Evasive Threats: FortiGate blocked 100 percent of evasions and once again excelled at preventing known and unknown threats with an overall security effectiveness rating of 99.3 percent.
- NGFW Price/Performance (Total Cost of Ownership): Fortinet excelled in price/performance for NGFW among all 10 participating vendors. In fact, the FortiGate 500E was rated by NSS at 6,753 Mbps, which is higher than our own rating of 5,200Mbps.
- Broad Coverage of Enterprise Deployments: Fortinet has been recommended in eight different NSS Labs group tests in the last year ranging from network security, end-point, breach detection and web application firewall.
Fortinet Delivers a Security Fabric Built Around NSS Labs-Recommended Solutions
Fortinet solutions consistently demonstrated superior security effectiveness, advanced features and superior performance when put to the test. Fortinet’s commitment to testing and validation has resulted in Fortinet solutions earning NSS Labs Recommended ratings across eight different group tests :
- Data Center Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Data Center Security Gateway
- Breach Prevention Systems
- Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System
- Breach Detection Systems
- Next-Generation Firewall
- Web Application Firewall
- Advanced Endpoint Protection