element14 is now shipping an easy to mount and compact Human Vision Component (HVC) from Omron Electronic Components. The HVC incorporates ten different image sensing functions and a choice of wide-angle and long-distance options to match users range needs for applications from digital signage and vending machines to home appliances and security doors.
The HVC is an image-sensing unit that can recognize human face expression, gender, age, gaze and blink into a camera module. The HVC-P2 boasts a maximum recognition speed 10 times of HVC model. Ten types of image-sensing functions are incorporated to recognizing human conditions in various perspectives such as face detection, human body detection, hand detection, face direction estimation, gaze estimation, blink estimation, age estimation, gender estimation, expression estimation, (five facial expressions: neutral, happiness, surprise, anger & sadness) and face recognition. The HVC-P2 consists of a camera and a separate main board connected via a flexible flat cable allowing it to be installed on the edge of a flat display unit. Output image can be chosen from three types no image output, 160×120 pixels and 320×240 pixels.
Cliff Ortmeyer, Global Head of Technical Marketing for element14 said: “Design engineers are constantly having to incorporate the latest technologies into their designs which often require specialized knowledge to implement from the ground up. One solution to this challenge is to use modular components, enabling the addition of new functionality without a deep experience in complex topic areas such as facial recognition. The Omron HVC, available from element14, is one such device that allows design engineers to simply and effectively equip their IoT device with the latest technologies, while keeping time to market and costs down.”
Key features include:
- 1600 × 1200 pixels detection resolution
- Long range and wide angle options: Long range – Horizontal detection range (angle of view) is 54°, vertical detection range (angle of view) is 41°. Wide angle – Horizontal detection range (angle of view) is 94°, vertical detection range (angle of view) is 76°
- Supply voltage is 5VDC ±10%, consumption current below 0.4A
- Operating temperature range from 0°C to +50°C (no condensation or freezing)
- Easy to mount and compact format to provide image sensing capability to various devices
- RAW (8bit, Y data) image format
- Camera board size is 25mm x 25mm, main board size is 45mm x 45mm
For more information, visit: www.element14.com