Digi International, a leading global provider of Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity products and services, announced the immediate availability of the Digi XBee3 Cellular LTE-M development kits, featuring Digi’s next-generation smart cellular modem.
This LTE-M certification, to be followed by the certification of Digi XBee3 Cellular NB-IoT in October 2018, allows Digi to bring one of the first LPWAN, software-defined technology-agile modems capable of offering Cat-M or NB-IoT on a single, compact footprint. Designed to be customer-configurable, developers can easily standardize and future proof their IoT designs by simply changing modems and SIMs to leverage different wireless protocols without having to redesign hardware for different regions or applications.
Ushering in a much more simplified way of testing designs and incorporating cellular connectivity into wireless solutions, the new Digi XBee3 Cellular LTE-M smart modem is integrated into the development kit via a 20-pin Digi XBee socket, ultimately allowing for solution connectivity via millions of sockets already deployed around the globe. The module can also be easily configured and controlled from a centralized platform such as the Digi Remote Manager.
Supported by Amazon Web Services (AWS) and TrustFence Secured
Digi International is an AWS Advanced Technology Partner in the AWS Partner Network (APN), and the Digi XBee3 Cellular LTE-M is a smart cellular modem supported by AWS IoT Core. With built-in Digi TrustFence security, the module’s identity and data privacy features use more than 175 controls to protect against new and evolving cyber threats. It also provides the tools to secure connected devices, including data in motion with TLS 1.2 encryption and bi-directional authentication – required for AWS IoT connectivity.
Digi XBee3 Cellular LTE-M Smart Modem Capabilities
- FCC certified and carrier end-device certified
- Integrated MicroPython programmability
- Up to 180 days of free cellular service with development kits
- Excellent coverage and building penetration
- Low power consumption optimized for long battery life
- Direct USB provides easy PPP integration option
- Enhanced with Digi TrustFence security framework
- Manage and configure with XCTU and Digi Remote Manager
- Digi XBee Transparent and API modes simplify design
- Reduced hardware complexity with only one antenna required