Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) on May 5, introduced a 28-nanometer D/A converter as part of a new series of high-speed digital-to-analog converters (D/A converters). The AD912 meets the demands of gigahertz bandwidth applications and delivers the increased spectral efficiency needed for 4G/5G multi-band wireless communications base stations and 2 GHz E-band microwave point-to-point backhaul platforms. Its design also benefits production instrumentation targeting multi-standard direct-to-RF signal synthesis. In addition, the AD9172 provides a solution for defense electronics requiring greater detection range. Based on 28-nanometer CMOS technology, this device sets new performance benchmarks as it provides best-in-class dynamic range, signal bandwidth, and low power consumption unmatched by alternative solutions. The AD9172 along with the complete new A/D converter portfolio, will be demonstrated at the upcoming International Microwave Symposium.
The dual 16-bit, 12 GSPS AD9172 provides direct-to-RF synthesis up to 6GHz eliminating the IF-to-RF up-conversion stage and LO generation. This simplifies the overall RF signal chain and lowering overall system cost. The AD9172 maintains superior linearity and noise performance across these RF frequencies providing system architects with the highest level of configurability. Independent numerically controlled oscillator (NCO), digital gain control, and various interpolation filter combinations per input channel provide designers with a rich suite of signal processing options to allow flexible signal chain partitioning between the analog and digital domains further enabling system designers to develop software defined platforms. It is complemented by the AD9208, a 28-nanometer analog-to-digital converter (A/D converter) also announced today.
AD9172 Product Highlights
- Supports single-band and multiband wireless applications with 3 bypassable complex data input channels per RF DAC at a max complex input data rate of 1.5 GSPS. 1independent NCO per input channel
- Selectable interpolation filters provides up to 8x configurable data channel interpolation and up to 12x configurable final interpolation to support a complete set of input data rates
- Final 48-bit NCO that operates at the DAC rate to support frequency synthesis up to 6GHz
- Flexible 8-lane 15 Gbps JESD204B (subclass 0 and1) interface that also supports 12-bithigh density mode for increased data throughput
- High performance, low noise on-chip phase-locked loop (PLL) clock multiplier supports 12 GSPS DAC update rate and provides an observation ADC clock driver with selectable divide ratios
Pricing and Availability
|Product||Full Production||Price Each Per 1,000||Packaging|
|AD9172||Now||$240.00||10 mm x 10 mm|
For more visit http://www.analog.com