Nordson EFD, a Nordson company, the world’s leading precision fluid dispensing systems manufacturer, has launched a new line of Optimum ESD-safe dispensing components. The complete system includes dispense tips, syringe barrels (available in five sizes), and adapter assemblies.
These components are designed specifically for precision fluid applications used in manufacturing mobile devices, wearables, medical devices, fiber optics, automobile electronics, and other products.
The new ESD-safe (aka electrostatic dissipative) dispensing components provide the highly accurate, consistent, and repeatable micro-deposits required as electronic devices shrink in size with an increasing density of electronic components.
Nordson EFD’s Optimum ESD-Safe dispensing components prevent static buildup that can damage fragile substrates, such as semiconductors and printed circuit boards – minimizing costly rejects in the electronics manufacturing process.
The new ESD-safe line includes:
- 27-gauge SmoothFlow tapered tips for dispensing micro-deposits of high-viscosity fluids
- 3cc, 5cc, 10cc, 30cc, and 55cc black syringe barrels
- Adapter assemblies available in all sizes
These new components are in addition to our current ESD-safe offering, which includes:
- 18-gauge, 20-gauge, and 25-gauge SmoothFlow tapered dispensing tips
- 30-gauge general purpose dispensing tips for high-to-low viscosity fluids
- 33-gauge chamfered dispensing tips for low-viscosity fluids
All of our new ESD-safe components are made from an inert, non-carbon, non-surface-migratory material that’s safe to use with sensitive fluids. They meet industry standards for electrostatic dissipative components, including a static decay rate of less than 2.0 seconds and surface resistivity of less than 1 x 10^12 ohm/sq. These standards ensure static will not be transferred while dispensing.
“As component densities become smaller, it is becoming even more critical for finer, repeatable dispensing that is ESD-safe for electronic manufacturing to prevent costly rework, rejects, and operator safety concerns,” said Brian Dodier, Global Product Line Manager – Dispensing Components, Nordson EFD.
The entire Optimum ESD-Safe line is also certified safe for industrial use and manufactured in silicone-free facilities in the U.S.
Other benefits of the Optimum line include:
- Dispensing tips free of flash and burrs for repeatable, accurate deposits
- Syringe barrels featuring Zero Draft walls that prevent blow-by
- Zero taper syringe barrels for consistent full-to-empty dispensing
- Stringent tolerance and quality standards for the most reliable results
For more information, visit Nordson EFD on the web at nordsonefd.com/ESDsafe, facebook.com/NordsonEFD, or linkedin.com/company/nordson-efd, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +91.80.4021.3600.