The AD5770R from Analog Devices is a 6-channel, 14-bit resolution, low noise, programmable current output, digital-to-analog converter (DAC) for photonics control applications. The device incorporates a 1.25 V, on-chip voltage reference, a 2.5 kΩ precision resistor for reference current generation, die temperature, output monitoring functions, fault alarm, and reset functions.
The AD5770R contains five 14-bit resolution current sourcing DAC channels and one 14-bit resolution current sourcing and sinking DAC channel. Channel 0 can be configured to sink up to 60 mA and source up to 300 mA. Channel 1 to Channel 5 have multiple programmable output current sourcing ranges set by register access.
Each DAC operates with a wide power supply rail from 0.8 V to AVDD − 0.4 V for optimizing power efficiency and thermal power dissipation. The AD5770R operates from a 2.9 V to 5.5 V AVDD supply and is specified over the −40°C to +105°C temperature range.
- 6-channel, current output DAC
- 14-bit resolution Programmable output current ranges
- Channel 0: 0 mA to 300 mA, −60 mA to +300 mA, −60 mA to 0 mA
- Channel 1: 0 mA to 140 mA, 0 mA to 250 mA
- Channel 2: 0 mA to 55 mA, 0 mA to 150 mA
- Channel 3, Channel 4, Channel 5: 0 mA to 45 mA, 0 mA to 100 mA
- All current sourcing output ranges scale back by up to 0.5×
- Photonics control
- LED driver programmable current source
- Current mode biasing
For more information, visit: www.analog.com