Artesyn Embedded Technologies announces extension to its iHP series configurable intelligent high power system. Artesyn Embedded Technologies has lately added a 12 kW case to the existing 24 kW case providing a lower cost and smaller option for applications needing up to 12 kW in 3 kW increments.
The new addition to its iHP series configurable intelligent high power system from Artesyn can now be configured for up to four outputs using a wide variety of plug-in modules addressing a large range of voltages and currents.
The lower power output of iHP series enables users to configure the iHP system for single-phase or three-phase input.
This modular power system from Artesyn provides accuracy, resolution and stability as either a programmable voltage or current source. Safety approvals secured by Artesyn eliminate the need for an isolation transformer in medical equipment.
The iHP power system from Artesyn also has industrial safety approvals and meets the SEMI F47 voltage sag tolerance standard for semiconductor processing equipment.
The iHP Power System offers:
- Developers either an analog or digital interface to their system, supporting standard communications protocols, including CANbus, Ethernet and RS485.
- Digital control enables the use of Artesyn’s high level PowerPro software graphical user interface (GUI) to control and monitor all functions on one or multiple iHP systems.
- The PowerPro GUI also incorporates graphical script creation that allows users to write their own process control routines.
- The iHP power system offers efficient power factor correction (PFC) and low total harmonic distortion (THD) over a wide range of loads.
- It uses a multi-phase continuous mode boost PFC architecture, resulting in ripple current cancellation that offers lower EMI and extends the life of electrolytic capacitors.
- Users can configure the outputs as voltage or current sources and customize them to their exact applications requirements from a range of standard modules provided by Artesyn.
- These modules can be connected in series or parallel, while achieving accurate voltage and current sharing.
- For specific types of loads and applications, the iHP series can be programmed to three different compensation configurations including resistive load, capacitive load and LED load.
The LED load compensation enables applications for large horticulture farms that require high voltage for series LED strings. Also designed for a wide range of medical and industrial applications.