TTape revolutionizes the EV industry by delivering a unique capability to detect overtemperature at every Li-ion cell, offering superior safety and battery life enhancement.
Littelfuse, Inc., an industrial technology manufacturing company empowering a sustainable, connected, and safer world, is excited to introduce TTape, a groundbreaking overtemperature detection platform designed to transform the management of Li-ion battery systems. With its innovative features and unparalleled benefits, TTape helps vehicle systems manage premature cell ageing effectively while reducing the risks associated with thermal runaway incidents.
TTape is ideally suited for a wide range of applications, including automotive EV/HEVs, commercial vehicles, and Energy Storage Systems (ESS). Its distributed temperature monitoring capabilities enable superior detection of localized cell overheating, thereby improving battery life and enhancing the safety of battery installations.
TTape’s key benefits and differentiators include:
- Premature Cell Aging Management: TTape aids vehicle systems in managing premature cell aging, significantly reducing the risks associated with thermal runaway.
- Extended Battery Pack Life: TTape ensures that the battery pack remains serviceable for an extended period by initiating temperature management at an earlier stage.
- Efficient Multi-cell Monitoring: With a single TTape device, multiple cells can be monitored, thus alerting the BMS sooner in case of overtemperature scenarios.
- Ultra-fast Response: With a response time of less than one second, TTape guarantees quicker alerts, signaling the potential onset of thermal runaway conditions.
- Seamless Integration: Calibration isn’t necessary. TTape can easily integrate with existing BMS, making it a go-to solution for many battery applications.
Moreover, the extremely thin design of TTape makes it ideal for conformal installations. With a single MCU input, its distributed temperature monitoring capability drastically improves the detection of localized cell overheating. This approach enables efficient cooling measures to prolong battery life and significantly heightens the safety standards of battery installations.
“Distinguishing itself from NTCs, TTape is a stellar addition to the Littelfuse product family. The profound advantage of localized cell overheating detection ensures quicker alerts to the BMS compared to traditional NTC setups,” explained Tong Kiang Poo, Global Product Manager at Littelfuse. “The TTape Platform is a distributed temperature monitoring device for battery packs that helps to improve the detection of localized cell overheating. With no calibration or temperature lookup tables required, and only one MCU input needed, it integrates seamlessly with current BMS solutions alongside NTCs, delivering an enhanced detection of cell overheating.”
This groundbreaking product builds upon the Littelfuse legacy of innovation. It leverages the company’s rich research, design, and development expertise in PPTCs, bringing forth a temperature monitoring solution that the industry eagerly awaits.
TTape promises to be a game-changer for the Li-ion battery pack market, emphasizing safety and efficiency. As the industry moves rapidly towards more sustainable and safe energy solutions, Littelfuse products like TTape are a testament to the company’s commitment to innovation and excellence.