Digi International, a leading global provider of Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity products and services, announced the full availability of its Digi ConnectCore 8X development kits.
Digi International introduced the Digi ConnectCore 8X, a powerful, secure and cost-effective off-the-shelf single board computer (SBC) with support for Linux and Android, as a connected system solution concept for device manufacturers building edge-intelligent products. Now, development kits are widely available to deliver on the Digi promise of Hardware-Enabled, Software-Defined connectivity solutions.
The Digi ConnectCore 8X offers cloud and edge-compute services integration while reducing time-to-market by eliminating traditional risk, effort, and complexity of custom board designs without sacrificing flexibility or capabilities. Other key features include:
- Industrial i.MX 8X quad-core SOM and SBC platform family
- Compact form factor integrates an on-board dual-band antenna option, USB connectivity, Digi XBee RF connector and cellular connectivity options
- Multi-display/camera and audio support
- External storage and expansion connectors
- Power management with both hardware and software support for low-power designs
- Built-in Digi TrustFence security framework featuring secure boot, encrypted filesystems and protected ports.
For more information, visit: www.digi.com